查尔斯·R. 班尼特小.股东 波士顿 email@example.com
- 波士顿大学法学院.D., 1974
Mr. Bennett handles complex commercial litigation involving financial institutions, 合同, corporate issues including directors’ and officers’ claims, disputes among members of closed corporations, 和破产. The current focus of his practice is on rights and remedies for debtors and creditors in corporate Chapter 11 cases.
He devotes a substantial amount of time to banking and lending litigation, representing borrowers in commercial disputes. Mr. Bennett has tried numerous jury and jury-waived cases concerning business torts, 不公平的贸易行为, 和破产问题.
Mr. Bennett has appeared in the trial courts of 麻萨诸塞州, 新汉普郡, 罗德岛州, the 麻萨诸塞州 Appeals Court, the 麻萨诸塞州 Supreme Judicial Court, 无数的你.S. District Courts including for 麻萨诸塞州, 罗德岛州, 新汉普郡, 特拉华州, and the Southern District of New York, 和美国.S. Court of Appeals for the First, 第三, 和第八电路, as well as before state and local administrative agencies.
Mr. Bennett formerly served as an Assistant District Attorney for Middlesex County.
- Represented failed hospital in effort to recover against its lender for breach of loan agreements and against the hospital board of trustees for breach of fiduciary duty and negligence.
- Represented a law firm and certain individual partners in defense of a claim brought by a former client for breach of fiduciary duty and violation of state and federal securities law.
- Represented officers and directors of a manufacturing firm in the defense of an action for breach of fiduciary duty in connection with a sale of the company.
- Represented officers and directors of an international consulting firm for breach of fiduciary duty in connection with officers’ compensation and distributions.
- Represented officers and directors of a textile company in connection with the bankruptcy of the company and inquiries into the officers’ and directors’ conduct.
- 目前 representing Trustee in connection with action asserting claims against a private equity fund including, 等, claims for breach of fiduciary duty, 衡平居, re-characterization of its debt along with a related action against officer and directors for breach of duty of loyalty.
- 目前, representing Trustee against a multinational currency trading company for breach of acquisition agreement and claims premised upon de-facto merger.
- Multiple current representation of borrowers in restructuring negations with their lenders.